WMFX IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION: (Scroll to page bottom to print out forms)
Below are the responsibilities and duties that you will be expected to acceptably perform in the role of Account Executive for YMF Media, Columbia, SC:
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Achieving individual local sales goals per station assigned.
2. Maintaining and/or increasing share of client list.
3. Maintaining/improving technical skill levels with industry software.
4. Maintaining/improving closing skills to increase revenue share.
5. Developing/maintaining comprehensive client files to include presentations/proposals, contract/production verifications, correspondence, timetables, etc.
6. Fundamental knowledge of routine traffic and production procedures to help facilitate efficiency in servicing client needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. 2-5+ years of sales experience in a broadcast environment are preferred.
2. Successful track record and proven ability to increase spot and NTR revenue in a competitive environment.
3. Strong work ethic, grasp of business basics and flexible personality.
4. Computer literacy required.
5. College graduate preferred.
Reports to: Program Director
Type of Position: Exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for live announcing, voice tracking, commercial production, and/or board operating . Applicants must enjoy representing stations at community events and promotions. Good production skills preferred. .
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Various assigned on air or board operator shifts
- Personal Appearances at station promotions and community events
- Commercial production
- Voice tracking
- Board Operating
CRITICAL POSITION BEHAVIORS:
Multi-tasking – Ability to prioritize and handle a number of projects simultaneously and successfully.
Work Ethic – Ability to work extended hours to ensure the success of station and client events and activities.
Analytical Thinking– Demonstrates the ability to understand a situation or problem by breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step way. The ability to compare different features or aspects of a situation and rationally set priorities. The ability to identify time sequences.
Initiative– The ability to take action and be proactive. Seeks not only to completing current task and objectives, but, also anticipates future opportunities and problems.
Negotiation Skills – Ability to analyze business opportunities and discuss financial considerations that will be beneficial to our business goals.
Adaptability/Flexibility– Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups. Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of the situation change.
Interpersonal– Ability to interact comfortably with individuals of varied backgrounds, organizations, and at different levels of the organization. Ability to handle people differently based on their orientation while maintaining one’s own integrity.
Communication – Demonstrates the ability to clearly and succinctly express ideas in both written and verbal form.
Dependability/Reliability– Demonstrates an orientation towards consistent actions. Ability to be a resource.
Teamwork and Cooperation– Implies an orientation toward working cooperatively with others as opposed to working separately.
Creativity– Uses new ways of thinking to produce unique ideas; demonstrates an ability to present information in an attention getting and interesting way.
Organization Skills – Can set priorities, manages and maintains information in an orderly fashion.
Detail Oriented– Thorough and accurate in accomplishing a task, no matter how small or how big.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years on air broadcast experience required (for full time; preferred but not required for part time).
- Strong work ethic, grasp of business basics and flexible personality.
- Ability to learn new concepts, procedures and systems for use in operations.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Voice Tracking experience preferred.
- Strong Production skills preferred.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to (unless otherwise stated):
or e-mail them to email@example.com
No calls please.
L&L Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Print and include with resume.